Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Miss NH 2011

Here with Krystal Muccioli, Miss NH 2010, receiving the Donald C. Anderson Platform Award on the final night of Miss NH 2011.  In total I received $7,200 in scholarship this year as Miss Winnipesaukee, and I'm so thankful for that.

Tina and Gary you made this year such a memorable one.  You were supportive of everything I wanted to do and wanted to accomplish.  You gave me your honest advice and were excited for everything leading up to Miss NH.  The two of you truly idealize the Miss America Organization.  The amount of hours that you put into the Miss Winni/ Weirs Beach program alone is astonishing.  I love both of you so much.  Tina, I will miss our late night phone calls, chatting at bingo and being able to talk to you about anything.  Gary,  thank you for your dedication to the program despite all you were dealing with this year.  I'll miss giving you a hard time on the bingo floor :).  Thank you for everything.

Thank you to the Miss NH staff, countless volunteers and local directors.  Every one of you truly believe in empowering young women and helping us achieve our educational goals and career ambitions.  Thank you for all the time you give up to serve us.

To the Miss NH class of 2011, I had the best week with all of you girls.  You are inspiring, dedicated, and such great role models for all ages.  Love you all.  Congratulations to Regan Hartley!  Have a wonderful year.

Lastly to my family, I know that I have the best support system in New Hampshire.  Mimi (and Beryl too), thank you for coming to support me at any and every event.  Zach and Tiffany, you're the best two siblings anyone could ask for.  Thank you for your constant encouragement.  Phil, thanks for keeping me grounded and being so supportive along the way.  Finally, to my parents who believed in me every step of the way since I started pageants three years ago, you are my rock.  Mom, thank you for the countless early mornings you spent with me, shopping, running errands and words of encouragement.  The time you spent with me preparing means more than you know.  Dad, I value your advice more than anyone I know.  Thank you for your input along the way to Miss NH and reminding me just to do my absolute best and let God do the rest.  I love you both so much.


With much passion and love,
Lissa Silk, Miss Winnipesaukee 2010-2011